Ipswitch WhatsUp Gold Network Monitoring Software v16 Overview.
WhatsUp Gold lets you know what’s on your network. Automatically discover all resources and map their connectivity. Build an accurate picture of your network devices, systems and their interconnections, using Layer 2 and 3 network technologies, including ARP, SNMP, ICMP, SSH, LLDP, WMI, Telnet and more.
Easily schedule network discoveries or run them on-demand.
Proven IT Management for Businesses of Any Size
Power. WhatsUp Gold™ provides complete IT management coverage for your wired and wireless networks, systems and applications to power your business. Routine management tasks, like Layer 2/3 discovery and mapping, are completely automated with WhatsUp Gold. Built-in IT asset and inventory reporting manages detailed device configuration data and up-to-date audit/compliance information. And real-time monitoring and performance reporting makes it easy to keep your entire infrastructure healthy and performing optimally. You get all of this out of the box in one application.
WhatsUp Gold also scales to meet the monitoring demands of any size network. A single WhatsUp Gold server can manage 20,000 devices and 100,000 monitors across geographically dispersed networks. With our suite of plug-ins, you can also extend the power of WhatsUp Gold to include change and configuration management, virtual infrastructure management and VoIP monitoring.
Simplicity. WhatsUp Gold and its plug-in suite are one integrated application. That means you have one download and a single pane of glass to access everything - from network topology maps to router configuration files to traffic flow data to real-time alerts and over 200 network and infrastructure reports. It’s all provided in a single, intuitive Web console. And an easy drag-and-drop interface makes building and customizing dashboards simple.
Proactively assuring service levels is easy with WhatsUp Gold’s infrastructure, system and application monitoring. WhatsUp Gold gives you the ability to tie the performance of infrastructure elements to your business-impacting applications in a single dashboard view. And, with simple device-based licensing, monitor as many interfaces or disk volumes as you want on a licensed device.
Value. WhatsUp Gold provides the most IT management functionality out of the box at the lowest TCO. It’s easy to use, deploys quickly and delivers complete IT management so you don’t have to buy and manage additional tools. Choose the WhatsUp Gold edition and optional plug-ins that match your organization’s needs and budget. Simple device-based licensing ensures you pay only for the monitoring you need and makes budgeting predictable by eliminating the renewal time surprises of element-based licensing models.
Plus, our customer focus and industry-recognized support and training staffs enable us to consistently deliver high-quality, reliable software with high customer satisfaction. And WhatsUp Gold’s track record of innovative, user-driven functionality means you’ll get powerful new features with every release.
Proven. With more than 20 years of experience delivering network management in over 100,000 networks worldwide, WhatsUp Gold is the solution of choice for IT managers, from small businesses to the enterprise.
- Complete Layer 2 and 3 discovery
- ARP, SSH, SNMP v1-3, IPv4/6 address range, ICMP, LLDP, Smartscan, hosts file…
- Infrastructure assets - network devices, WAPs and LAN controllers, servers, deployed software, VMware VMs, VLANs and port-to-port connectivity
- On-demand or scheduled discovery
- Scan partial or entire network
- Automatically update maps and inventory Mapping
- Detailed Layer 2/3 topology maps with wired, wireless, physical and virtual infrastructures
- Physical and IP connectivity, VMware host-guest relationships, VLAN and subnet views, physical system location
- Full map customization
- Visualization of device dependencies and multi-level topology
- Layer 2 Trace Route utility
- Save, print or share maps with your team Monitoring
- SNMP, SSH and WMI Support
- Wireless infrastructure: bandwidth consumption, client count, rogue count, RSSI data, CPU utilization, signal-to-noise ratio and memory utilization
- Up to 20,000 devices and 100,000 monitors with single WhatsUp Gold server
- Enhanced real-time monitoring with Split - Second Graphs and InstantInfo
- WMI application monitoring
- Hardware monitoring (i.e. UPS, printer, fan, temperature)
- Synthetic application monitoring
- Custom monitoring: Jscript, VBScript & PowerShell
- SQL Query Monitor for SQL Server, My SQL & Oracle
- MIB Walker, MIB Explorer and MIB Manager
- Performance monitors (i.e. CPU utilization, disk space, memory)
- Preconfigured active/passive monitors
- Support for both 32- and 64-bit counters Inventory
- Comprehensive asset and inventory reporting
- Device & asset information: hardware, software, firmware, model, power supplies, serial number
- Systems inventory information: OS version, patches and warranty information
- Configuration information: interfaces, bridge ports, switch ports and VLANs
- IP/MAC Address Finder utility Alerts, Reporting & Management
- Centralized alerting for all performance issues, traffic bottlenecks and configuration errors
- 200+ customizable dashboard reports
- Configurable multi-escalation policies
- Blackout reports/alert suppression
- Role-based management with Active Directory integration
- Scheduling of recurring reports and report distribution
- Report export as email, Excel® or PDF
- 18 types of configurable alerts including email, pager and SMS text Security
- FIPS 140-2 encryption and validation, Cert #1051 by NIST
- Auto detection of a FIPS 140-2 validated operating system
- Role-based access control and integration with Active Directory and LDAP services